Welcome to the 2018-2019 Fifth Grade Class!

I hope you are enjoying your summer!  I have just posted the general supply list and the social studies supply list.  You can find the entire 5th grade supply list at WalMart.   You should have received an invitation to “Move into your Locker Night” – Thursday, 8/9 from 4:30-5:30 in the 5th grade hallway (if not, make certain that the school has your most updated address).  I don’t want you to miss out on a fun evening to decorate and move into your new locker).  See all of the details in the invite.  Enjoy the last weeks of your summer break.  I attended a social studies tent revival inservice in Knoxville last week to get new ideas and information for our classroom.  Suggestion:  You might want to read a book so you are ready to take a Reading Counts test as soon as the program opens for testing.  I would suggest reading biographies — Who was…..?  I give extra test grades for certain biographies.  You or your parents may email me for suggested biographies if you are interested in extra test grades (or look on my edublog for the biography page).  See you soon!